Friday, January 18, 2013

Software Backup for your Android Device

I spend a lot of my time combing the internet for resolutions to problems that I have never seen before. And in my travels I often come across something that has nothing to do with what Im searching for but none the less has some meaning for something else in the back of my mind.

One such product is Mobile Go by Wondershare http://www.wondershare.com/

This product has come in handy for me many times as I sometimes am too rough on my droid phone and have busted it up a few times requiring a replacement. What I love most is that it will back up your text messages and allow you to see each persons text individually in the order in which they came to your droid device. When I discovered that feature, I was like WOW!! It will also allow you to text message someone from your phone thru your computer when it is connected via usb. I like that feature as Im working at a client location and have my laptop with my phone plugged up and can pop off a text message faster by typing it on the keyboard than swyping it on my phone (absolutely love that feature, : D).

Also if you get another droid phone you can easily transfer all of your data from your old phone to it, even the sd card data (ha ha, bet you were going to ask, I could feel it, lol). It also comes with tons of options from Adding/Editing contacts and importing them to/from your email, to Managing your media and Organizing your apps. This action packed software is a must have for most of your droid devices (tried to attach a Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet to it and it wouldnt recognize it). But it also come with an option that if your phone doesnt work on it, you can send your device specs to the creators and they will work on getting your device on the Hardware Compatibility List (HCL to the rest of us, lol)

With just under 9 million downloads Im pretty sure the rest of the world will recognize it soon enough. And here's the best part.....wait for it.....its absolutely FREE!! Yes you guessed it, free. There is an advanced version running just under $40 but the free one works fine for what I need to do with it.

There is even a version for iOS devices, so bring your iMac, iPad, iPhone and copy everything in one application on your PC.

So dont get caught with your pants down, phone falls into toilet, sink, stream, ocean or what have you....betta BACK DAT THANG UP!! LOL.

***UPDATE***
As of 2014 this software is only available free for 30 days, then it requires you to pay for it. Send me an email and I can send you a link to the free version since Ive had before they posted the 30 day trial version.

No comments:

Post a Comment