Friday, January 18, 2013

BBC Bits Intro

Hello World

So today, January 18th, 2013, and I have decided to start a blog about the ups and downs, successes and failures, and just plain truth about things that happen to me in the networking and computing world. And boy do I have some stories, lol. But before we begin, let me tell a little about myself.

Ive been dealing with computing crap since I was 14 due to the fact that my father was a C programmer back in 1981 and kept nagging me about the computer age was coming. I was like, yeah yeah yeah whatever (typical 14 year old response, lol). We were the first in our neighborhood to have a personal computer in the house and it cost about $13,000 (hard to believe right?) and it was a laptop as big as a suitcase, lol.

It consisted of 2 - 5.25' floppy disks, 640k of memory and no hard drive, the screen was about 5 inches in size and it made a lot of noise. But my dad was a genius with the computer back then, of course I could care less. So about 16 years go by and its now 1997, well here I am...JUST NOW CARING, lol.

Before I became an MSCE I was shunning everything Microsoft. I used to be a netscape browser using, unix/linux coding guru. But that wasnt making any money at the time and the only bragging rights came from your immediate circle of geeks, lol, and that usually was a pretty small circle.

But low and behold I became what I continue to be today, Microsoft based IT Consultant, with a hint of Apple experience, linux/unix experience and now on to Cisco and Citrix to add to my repertoire. So now you can say Im a Jack of all Trades and master of none, but then, who is anyway.

Of course I couldnt live without my GU experience. For those of you that are new to the game, and the lingo, that stands for Google University, ; )

And now enough about me, lets get started....

No comments:

Post a Comment